Read the Entire Unfinished Business Series for Under $3.00!

Read the Entire Unfinished Business Series for Under $3.00!
99 Cent Sales August 7-21

Coffee Time Romance Review of Storm Watch

The Unfinished Business Series


Don't forget if you subscribe to my newsletter, you get a free preview and bonus content.

Carole's Newsletter

Twitter

Petite Meets Street

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Back at Sea Level But My Head is Still In The Clouds


TAOS TOOLBOX
Class of 2011
The Diesel Bears

After nearly 24 hours of travel, I am finally back on the East Coast, but managed to bypass The Big Baked Apple. Give me a couple of days to get my thoughts together and my photos on Facebook, but I wrote though the flight delays and exhaustion, and am still going. 


My goal is to finish Boulevard of Bad Spells and Broken Dreams by September, and I'm already more than half way there with about 54K done. Today I am researching banishing and cleansing rituals.


You had to be there to appreciate many of the memorable quotes Nancy Kress has on her blog, but Christy's pictures capture the intensity of the work as well as the partying most nights with wine, whiskey, and song in the best Western tradition.


There are bears at Taos, as Scott's early morning picture documents, and somewhere between early morning reading and writing and late night camaraderie the Diesel Bear brand was burned onto the  Class of 2011.


There were thunder claps echoing through Ski Valley most days, but more than one rainbow sighting.



And this is sunset in Camel Rock State Park, Teseque Pueblo, just outside of Albuquerque, on my last night in New Mexico. I felt like this magical moment was engineered just for my benefit.

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful pictures!!! Sounds like a lovely retreat.
    -Vanessa

    ReplyDelete