Read the Entire Unfinished Business Series for Under $3.00!

Read the Entire Unfinished Business Series for Under $3.00!
99 Cent Sales August 7-21

Coffee Time Romance Review of Storm Watch

The Unfinished Business Series


Don't forget if you subscribe to my newsletter, you get a free preview and bonus content.

Carole's Newsletter

Twitter

Petite Meets Street

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm One Of The Fifty Authors From FIfty States-New York, Of Course

It's quite an honor to have been chosen to write about New York for Annette Snyder's innovative project Fifty Authors From Fifty States.  I've chosen to talk about my experiences in the downstate areas,  the five boroughs of New York City, as well as my favorite upstate haunts near Cazenovia. 

You all know I was born and raised in Da Bronx, and that the City is my real time playground-source of inspiration-entertainment, and the place I know and love best. But I also enjoy getting away from the City That Never Sleeps to places where the sidewalks are rolled up and tucked away after nine p.m.

Here are some images of the Ledyard Linklaen estate known as Lorenzo, which has provided me with many story inspirations, especially the downright Gothic Dark Aisle in the formal gardens and the carriage house, complete with the carriages. Add horses (this is a an equestrian center) during one of the many re-enactments and yearly activities including the Lorenzo Driving Competition, fox hunt, and Winter Festival featuring horse-drawn sleigh rides,  and you''re transported back to an earlier time and place.



Click over to Facebook for more pictures from New York State.





My daughter and I harvest corn, watermelon, and pumpkins every year, and then we go apple picking.




No comments:

Post a Comment