Read the Entire Unfinished Business Series for Under $3.00!

Read the Entire Unfinished Business Series for Under $3.00!
99 Cent Sales August 7-21

Coffee Time Romance Review of Storm Watch

The Unfinished Business Series


Don't forget if you subscribe to my newsletter, you get a free preview and bonus content.

Carole's Newsletter

Twitter

Petite Meets Street

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Weekend Treat: New Erotic Fiction by Andrew Richardson

Kerry-Jane is up to more of her tricks in Andrew Richardson's new erotic fiction release out today with Cobblestone Press  

Weekend Treat is in the same vein as The Bank Manager , which I featured here just about a year ago,  Art Class, and the forthcoming Eton Mess.

Tell us a bit more, Andrew.

All these stories include a cool brunette and her friend, a flightier blonde.  I wanted a change from putting the duo in the stressful situations of my usual horror stories, and to let them have some fun.  So, Kerry-Jane and Amy were born.  They are two PhD students studying archaeology in a fictional university in a town somewhere near London.  Most of my erotica centers around Kerry-Jane, although ‘Weekend Treat’ is a little different.  Kerry-Jane and Amy have cameo appearances while the story’s ‘star’ is Rachel, their supervisor.



Rachel McKenzie has to give up another Saturday morning to her job. Lucky for her, two handsome plumbers have to work through the weekend too.  Egged on by a dare from her colleagues, Rachel dresses sexy and flirts with the men while they work in her office.  The plumbers are eager to return her attention, but can Rachel handle taking things to the next level?


-->





Kerry-Jane shook her head with a mischievous smile. “And the plumbers are miffed at their boss making them do your office on a weekend when you won’t be here to flirt. Apparently you’re the most beautiful doctor they’ve ever seen.”
Rachel raised her other eyebrow.
“You’ve got no idea how gorgeous you are, have you?” Kerry-Jane bit her lip. “That’s what the blokes say.”
Rachel sipped tea to hide her warming cheeks. “Well, you’re gorgeous, and everyone reckons we could be sisters, so I suppose I’ve got cause for hope. And the hunks will have to work around me after all because I’ve got a paper to finish.”
Kerry-Jane laughed. “You’ll be lucky if they let you get anything done!”
Rachel rolled her eyes, trying not to let her pleasure show. “But don’t you and Amy want them? What kind of friend would I be if I got in the way?”
“Of course we do, but we’ve got other halves, so we can only flirt.” Kerry-Jane shook her head in mock sadness but then brightened. “Instead of your fieldwork grunge, why not try something daring tomorrow? Feel sexy. Don’t wear a bra.”
Rachel’s cheeks warmed. “I couldn’t do that.”
“Why not?”
She sipped her tea as the thought sent butterflies into her stomach. “Well, I...”
Kerry-Jane winked. “Amy took hers off at lunchtime.”
Rachel was shocked. “Did she?”
Kerry-Jane nodded.

-->
“I’ll think about it.” Well, fantasize about it.


You're very prolific, Andrew. And versatile.  How did you come to write this story?

 Weekend Treat follows on from a full-length novel I wrote (‘The Door into War’), featuring the same main character – Rachel McKenzie, an academic archaeologist.  In the novel Rachel, who is in her early thirties, is worried she might be too old to attract a decent man.  It was a theme the novel didn’t let me develop, and this story addresses that.

Is this book part of a series?

Yes and no.  I’ve written four erotic shorts ‘starring’ the same group of characters, but they’re definitely not a planned series.  In fact, I’ve always shied away from calling them a series because I write them irregularly and when I want to, and I don’t want to pressurize myself into feeling I have to produce any more.

How did you come to write this story?

The story follows on from a full-length novel I wrote (‘The Door into War’), featuring the same main character – Rachel McKenzie, an academic archaeologist.  In the novel Rachel, who is in her early thirties, is worried she might be too old to attract a decent man.  It was a theme the novel didn’t let me develop, and this story addresses that.

Is this book part of a series?

Yes and no.  I’ve written four erotic shorts ‘starring’ the same group of characters, but they’re definitely not a planned series.  In fact, I’ve always shied away from calling them a series because I write them irregularly and when I want to, and I don’t want to pressurize myself into feeling I have to produce any more.

What project will you be working on next?

My standard fare is a mixture of horror and fantasy.  Celtic myths fascinate me and I’m in the planning stage for a horror novel set against the background of the Irish ‘Ulster Cycle’, at about the time of Christ.  Not a straight retelling, but using the old tales as a background.

What are your writing inspirations?

My original inspiration was the horror books and films that fascinated me in my late teens.  Later, when I had a bit more confidence to attempt writing without using gore to keep the reader entertained I took inspiration from Celtic myths, particularly Welsh stories, that have enchanted me since I was a child.  
My main writing inspiration is (or sadly was, R.I.P.) Richard Laymon.  Laymon taught me two things.  Firstly, a stark style that works for me, and secondly where the boundaries are in what you can and can’t do in a horror story, which has given me more confidence to work nearer those boundaries.

One surprising or interesting fact about yourself?
-->
I know this will be boring, but I don’t think there is much because I don’t keep skeletons in my cupboards.  Those who know me think me writing violent horror and women’s erotica is surprising.  Apparently, I don’t seem the sort.



Andrew Richardson lives in Wiltshire, England, with his wife, a rescue cat, and a son who occasionally pops home from university. He is within easy reach of Stonehenge and other historical places whose regal solitude provides a clear mind for working out plot difficulties and story ideas.  

Most of Andrew’s work falls squarely into the horror/fantasy genre, but he also enjoys writing some erotica so his characters can have some fun for a change instead of being scared out of their wits. He has a dislike of laptops so adopts the old and quaint approach of typing with a desktop, which at least has a screen big enough to avoid the need to squint.

Andrew has a background in archaeology and has worked on sites in England, Scotland and Wales.  It’s not really a surprise that most of his work reflects this interest and experience. When he’s not writing or working as a science administrator Andrew follows Aldershot Town Football Club and takes long walks over rugged countryside.

-->
He has had nine novels or novellas published (one forthcoming), as well as several short stories.  The majority include some element of Celtic myth. 



Twitter: @Richardson_Andy


Provide all social media links (live not embedded).
Blog/website: http://andrewjrichardson.blogspot.co.uk/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Andrew-Richardson-Author-187450627957521/
Twitter: @Richardson_Andy
Pinterest: https://uk.pinterest.com/andrew0609/

Goodreads:

--> -->
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment