Read the Entire Unfinished Business Series for Under $3.00!

Read the Entire Unfinished Business Series for Under $3.00!
99 Cent Sales August 7-21

Coffee Time Romance Review of Storm Watch

The Unfinished Business Series


Don't forget if you subscribe to my newsletter, you get a free preview and bonus content.

Carole's Newsletter

Twitter

Petite Meets Street

Monday, January 12, 2015

Welcome Erin Bevan, Author of To Kick Off The New Year

Being a mother who writes, I have tremendous respect for mothers who write. And Erin Bevan is one of them. You can tell your husband to get his own dinner, the cat to wait, and the dog to hold it, but you can't ignore your crying baby, or take your eyes off a toddler for a second. And when the older ones come home from school, you have to do all that homework with them even if you would rather be researching the paranormal instead of science projects.

So, welcome Erin. Tell us a little about yourself and what you're working on. 

Well, first I'm a wife and stay at home mom. I have three children all under the age of 5. My oldest goes to preschool during the day, but I stay at home with my two sons 16 and 6 months old. Yeah, that really happened! They are ten months apart.

I'm currently working on a story titled The Night Train. It's a story of old love, new love, a little mystery and some laughter all mixed in one!

2015 proves to be very busy. I am scheduled to release two works with Soul Mate Publishing, Cupid's Angels and Wedding Day-so be on the lookout for those!

What are your writing inspirations--and how did you possibly do it?

I'm kind of strange when it comes to writing inspirations. Really, anything can inspire me. I seem to get a lot of thinking done in the shower. It's the only time when I can't hear children screaming for the water running in my ears, so it gives my brain a moment to relax and let the juices flow. I can get inspiration from a conversation I have with a friend, from a dream, from a television commercial, and so on. Also, for some reason scouring the pantry for food always seems to give me inspiration.

Scanning the food in the pantry. LOL! How did you get interested and involved in writing romance?

Writing in the romance genre seemed to come naturally to me. I'll be honest, when I really started writing was during the whole Fifty Shades of Grey craziness. I read the books and tried my hand at writing erotica. I sucked at it. I went back to being me and it worked out best. I enjoy a good love story, but I also enjoy a bit of drama, some suspense, and a whole lot of comedy. I love to laugh.

How do you do research?

Google-need I say more?

What do you read when you're writing--same genre or different? Or not at all?

Oh, I'm always reading something. Right now, I'm reading What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. I enjoy her voice as well as Tracy Brogan (I actually have an author crush on her because she is so darn good) and Mary Kay Andrews just because she is so southern. If I want to cry, I curl up with Nicholas Sparks and if I want to cry from laughter, I go for Janet Evanovich.

Laughter really is the best medicine!

Well there you have it from wonder woman, Erin Bevan.   

Tell us about your latest release-a Western romance, right?

Yes, The Ranch Hand:

Jason Haverty is looking forward to the fall horse drive, until his boss and uncle informs him one of the new cowboys coming in to help will be riding his favorite horse. His annoyance is furthered when the cowboy turns out to be a cowgirl—a quick-witted and confident blonde beauty. Trying to avoid her doesn’t work. The more time he spends with her, the more an unexpected protectiveness toward her grows. 


Bobby Jo's Texas upbringing taught her to give just as good as she gets, a quality Jason finds frustrating and all the more endearing in this Southern Belle. When an accident on the trail places her in possible danger, Jason realizes she means more to him than he thought. The question is, does she feel the same?

Excerpt:


“Are you Jason Haverty?” the beauty asked in a Southern twang.

“Yes, I am.”

“Oh, thank goodness.” She turned. “Mike, over here. I found him,” she hollered as she waved her arm in the air. The fire engine red handbag she held was some high-priced designer brand, Couch or Nada, something like that, and her luggage had the letters LV all over it. Maybe those were her initials.

He stood just as a young guy wearing a navy blue T-shirt and skin-tight jeans made his way over to them. This kid was long and lean, had celery stalks for legs, and a zit on the tip of his nose. Hell, she was probably the kid’s girlfriend, which meant she was young, too.

Too young for him.

A damn shame.

“Hey, man, nice to meet you. I’m Mike.” The boy tipped his hat and held out a calloused hand.

Jason shook it. “Umm…I was told there were only two guys: Mike and Bobby. There wasn’t any mention of bringing a girlfriend.”

Pimples and the beauty both looked at each other and laughed. He didn’t see what was so damn funny.

The girl shifted her black coat to her left arm. “I’m Bobby. Bobby Jo Turner.” She extended her hand. “It’s nice to meet you, Jason.”



Buy Links:



Contact/Connect:




Twitter: @ErinBevan


No comments:

Post a Comment