Read the Entire Unfinished Business Series for Under $3.00!

Read the Entire Unfinished Business Series for Under $3.00!
99 Cent Sales August 7-21

Coffee Time Romance Review of Storm Watch

The Unfinished Business Series


Don't forget if you subscribe to my newsletter, you get a free preview and bonus content.

Carole's Newsletter

Twitter

Petite Meets Street

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Cape Cod Vacations & Conservation Day - Saturday July 12




Warm memories wash over me as soon as I drive down Route 6A on the mid-Cape.

As a young child, my family vacationed there when there were hippies in Provincetown and they offered sunset horseback rides on the dunes. We had a family reunion in Hyannis, have ridden the ferries to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. and bicycled from P-town to Race Point and along the Cape Cod Rail Trail. Whale watching turned out to be very sea-sickening on one trip in a "light chop," but the other two times we got to see them breaching and spouting. I've missed shark sightings by a day or two but recently there have been lots of sea lions right off Nauset Beach. I took a surfing lesson recently at Nauset, though I have not attempted to water ski in a very long time.

This year is very special. Kayaking With Kids is out! I wished I'd had a guide like this when my kids were little, and a Facebook page to ask questions, get advice, and share tips. Three years ago, Paine's Creek was devastated by winter storms. Run off washed then entire parking lot into the marsh. Pieces of it are now down as far as Saint's Landing. The sand is so eroded there is hardly any of the beach you see in these images left. The vegetation, once lush mature beach plums and dune grass are decimated. Last year, the beach was closed while work was done to create a filtered culvert to prevent the same thing from happening again. 
Over the years, my family has picked up as much asphalt as we could but there always seems to be more. 

Please join me to get it all out as we help this gorgeous salt marsh heal and return to its former glory.




Here is the schedule of events: 

Meet and Greet at Drummer Boy Park 9:30am-2 pm   (Brewster Chamber of Commerce Table).

Pick up a pail and shovel, while supplies last. I will be signing books and discussing ecology and environmental issues in eco-tourism.

Then join me at Paine's Creek for kayak rides for the kids. Once we can access the marsh we'll have collect our debris and weigh in. Certificates will be distributed to each family.

To end the day we'll take a sunset nature walk on the flats


I will have special gifts for every family that participates in the clean up, including downloads of Kayaking With Kids and a sample of what's in store for readers of my forthcoming Cape Cod paranormal romance-set in Brewster-The Widow's Walk. 



My book - Kayaking With Kids can be found here: http://bit.ly/1nIamyn

No comments:

Post a Comment